From Pixels to Plastic (Preview)

For the past few months now, I've been chipping away at a video game-related craft project. There are some really amazing custom action figures on display throughout the Internet; more than a few are of video game characters.

I can't come close to the level of expertise of many customizers out there, but I try my best. I've picked up on a few techniques that have finally allowed me to achieve the effects I need, so I figured it was time to make the figures I always wanted when I was a kid.

From the pic, it should be fairly obvious who one of the custom figures represents. The other will take some guesswork on your part. Both figures are 75% done; I waiting on some new parts for one and am improving the paint job on the other.

Things are pretty busy for me, so it's rare when I have a chance to do projects like this. So it might be a while before I get the figures finished and photographed (a whole 'nother can of worms). In the meantime, see if you can guess who the mystery figures are and stay tuned for the big reveal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Posts